Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog Launch

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find an arrangement of posts varying from subject; some discussing my personal LED/breadboard projects, while others may contain visualizations of 3D modeling, and some may go to the extent of technology or politics in general. I hope you enjoy the posts here and find them interesting, and possible write some feedback so I can receive it as constructive criticism. It will only help me on the subject that you decide to post on. All in all, enjoy, and if you don't - well, that's too bad.

My LED/breadboard projects have started very amateurishly. They consist of a relatively small breadboard and with basic light-emitting diodes and an array of wires. I have also added a cutoff switch but I soon learned that it caused the LED's to shorten out. Oh well, shit happens. However, I got a bunch of parts (resistors, transistors, DC motors) in a tin container that my father gave to me so I can try a lot of stuff. Hopefully I can get good to the point that I will be able to wire a series of LED's in a matter of hours and fully "animate" them with 555 chips, relays, circuits, and what not. Electronics like these are becoming a greater passion for me, so I hope to prosper in this field.

As far as 3D Modeling goes, I began in 2008 with the free program called Google SketchUp. I mainly liked it because it was easy to use plus it had a 3D Warehouse where you could distribute and download 3D Models. As I discovered game modding (Rigs of Rods to be specific) I realized of how mediocre of a program it was. It was sometime in 2009/2010 that I learned not to use that program due to its lack of plug-in's, lack of general modeling tools such as UV-mapping, and the fact that it creates unnecessary polygons. I have now emerged to Blender 3D and I am alive and kicking with it. I have made a few houses/parts of vehicles with it to date, and plan to make much more. It was hard to switch user-interfaces from Google SketchUp to Blender 3D but it is well worth the benefits. I also have little experience with 3DS Max 2009 and AC3D.

One thing I don't want to forget to mention is my passion for video games. My passion for games lie in adventure or racing games. My most favorite and recently-played games include Rigs of Rods, Live for Speed, Test Drive Unlimited (and hopefully its sequel), Racer, Need for Speed: Porsche, and anything that is realistic, modifiable, and offers a kick-ass online experience. However, my most favorite of these games definitely has to be Rigs of Rods. Rigs of Rods is a giant sandbox-like simulator where you can simulate everything and anything. Basically, it's a playground for you to enjoy and to dick around in. Live for Speed I adore for its physics and race car-like gameplay, and the rest of the games are just fun in general, whether it's the racing aspect, or the multiplayer aspect.

I also enjoy making/editing videos. I do not have any professional equipment like a 1080p camcorder with a 35mm lens and all of that, but I do like to make videos of games or just videos of pictures/footage in general. I used to use Windows Movie Maker on my old YouTube account, but I tried Sony Vegas 8.0 Pro and fell in love with it. To this day, I use Sony Vegas 9.0 Pro and use it to edit all of my videos. Some improvements in my videos over the last few years include: stretching footage to fill the 1080p aspect ratio, not using mainstream music, using cool video effects, and just appealing editing in general. I have made well near 100 videos to-date and plan to make more. Check out the channel Beolex on YouTube to see my work.

Learning about politics also seems to satisfy my. Not only are politics a good way to express yourself, but they also tend to teach you how to look at things rationally. I am not some super-genius historian that can name every war in every region of the world, but if I spend enough time studying a situation such as the Srebrenica Massacre I will be able to target and locate evidence and proof to determine that it was well fabricated and that it didn't happen. Despite my political views, I hope you will still be able to enjoy any updates regarding geopolitics/wars I make.

Basically, I have a wide variety of interests and cannot list them all here. With that being said, enjoy my blog and I hope you find everything alright and in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment